Girl Boss Living The New York Dream
As New York Fashion Week kicks off, many street fashion stars hit the pavement runways showcasing the newest and hottest trends for the world to see. For many of us, such as myself, this is surely a very exciting time to ensure that every look is crisp and pristine to show the world that you have been doing your fashion trend homework. As I was able to catch a few of my favorite looks in between meetings and shows I can’t help but share my top 5!
1. The Lady in Red- There is nothing more that screams statement than “The Lady in Red” This season is all about wearing a bold color and my bold color of the season is red! To me it means influence and its truly undeniable when worn.
2. Updated Oxford-The classic striped button-down has been turned upside down with many mixing and matching it with different textures! I’m truly big on mixing stripes with leather to give it an edgier feel!
3. The Cool Khaki (Updated Trench) - The cool khaki is all about the over sized cargo pockets as well as boxy shapes! This is probably one of my favorite looks because a khaki jacket can go from day to night in just minutes.
4. The Hardened Romantic-This look is all about delicate dresses with a romantic feel. I love this look especially when paired with a hardened texture such as leather or even a cool baseball hat!
5. The Statement Boot- One of my last favorite trends of the season is a great boot. As I am definitely crazy about a great sneaker I can't get over wearing a killer boot that adds flavor to any outfit!
As fashion week moves on to London, Milan, and Paris, feel free to check out my Instagram @frenchvendette where I will be showcasing more great trends from these 3 amazing cities!!!
I would love to know your thoughts, lets talk about show your favorite trends of the season. Contact me by first following then tagging me in your favorite #OOTD #TRENDOFTHESEASON photos and lets compare! I look forward to seeing all of your great outfits!!!
- XO Erika